Microsoft KB Archive/255266
Article ID: 255266
Article Last Modified on 7/24/2007
- Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q255266
If this article does not describe the error message that you are receiving, view the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article to view more articles that describe error messages:
315854 Windows 98 and Windows Me Error Message Resource Center
When you press CAPS LOCK or BACKSPACE, you may receive the following error message:
This issue can occur if you have a Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 5100C/5200C scanner installed, and a Hewlett-Packard DeskJet 970 printer is attached to the parallel port on the scanner.
To resolve the problem, perform the following steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Highlight any HP installed applications and click Add/Remove.
- Follow the prompts to uninstall the software.
- Restart the system.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers.
- Double-click Add New Printer.
- Click Next.
- Select Local Printer, and then click Next.
- Click Have Disk.
- Insert the Hewlett Packard CD that came with the printer.
- Click Browse in the Install From Disk window and click the CD-ROM drive.
- Open the folder named Enu, then the folder 9xinf, and click the file Hpdj.inf.
- Click OK.
- Select Lpt1 and click Next.
Follow the prompts to finish the Add New Printer Wizard.
- Restart your computer.
For additional information about this issue, please view the following Hewlett-Packard Web site:
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
Additional query words: hp
Keywords: kberrmsg kbfatalexerr0d kbfatalexerr0e kbhardware kbprb KB255266