Microsoft KB Archive/255253
Article ID: 255253
Article Last Modified on 2/21/2007
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q255253
In Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5, you can perform a raw dump to create a .txt file to view the attributes and values of an object. In Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server, you obtain this information from Active Directory.
To perform what is the equivalent of a raw dump of an Exchange 2000 object, perform the following steps:
NOTE: If you know the exact DN of the object, skip to step 4.
- Use the information in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article to use Ldp.exe to navigate to the Microsoft Exchange container:
252335 XADM: How to Use Ldp.exe to View Entire Directory Tree and Locate the Microsoft Exchange Container
- Click the container or object to dump, right-click, and then click Search.
- Copy the Distinguished Name (DN) from the DN field.
- At a command line, type the following command
NameOfDumpFile.ldf -d "
DN" -p base
where "This command creates an .ldf file in the location specified with the -f
DN" is the DN copied in the previous step.
NOTE: Make sure to use the quotes around the DN.
NameOfDumpFile.ldf switch. You can open the file with a text editor.
Keywords: kbhowto KB255253