Microsoft KB Archive/255246
Article ID: 255246
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0, Terminal Server Edition
This article was previously published under Q255246
On a computer running the Terminal Server Client program, when you try to compose or open a new mail message, the following error message may appear:
This behavior can occur when you install the Windows Messaging program on the Terminal Server computer but you do not run the Windows Messaging compatibility script.
To resolve this behavior, on the computer where Terminal Server is installed, remove Windows Messaging, change to Install mode, reinstall Windows Messaging, and then run the Windows Messaging compatibility script.
- Log on as an Administrator, and then remove the Windows Messaging program for all users.
- Restart the computer, and log on as an Administrator.
- Put the computer into Install mode:
- Start an MS-DOS command prompt.
- Type the following at the command prompt, and then press ENTER:
change user /install
- Install the Windows Messaging program.
- Run the Windows Messaging compatibility script (Winmsg.cmd).
- Type the following at the command prompt to put the computer into Execute mode:
change user /execute
- Log off, and then log back on as a user.
You should now be able to open and compose mail.
Keywords: kbprb KB255246