Microsoft KB Archive/255234
Article ID: 255234
Article Last Modified on 10/27/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition, when used with:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q255234
When you install the Internet Mail Service on a Microsoft Exchange Server that is running on a Windows 2000 Server-based computer, Setup may stop with the following error when authenticating the service account password:
The service account user name for the System Attendant is in the format of
domain.com. The Internet Mail Service Setup wizard references the System Attendant's service account and only understands the format of
- In the Microsoft Management Console, edit the properties of the Exchange System Attendant service.
- On the Log On tab, type the service account name in the format of
- Restart the System Attendant service and rerun the Internet Mail Service Setup wizard.
Keywords: kbprb KB255234