Microsoft KB Archive/255217
Article ID: 255217
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q255217
When you try to print to a Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0-based print server from a client computer running an earlier operating system, such as Microsoft Windows 95 or Microsoft Windows for Workgroups, you may experience random incorrect output. For example:
- Bullets may not be printed correctly.
- Bold titles may print as regular text, not bold.
- Underlined text may be printed only as the underline, with no text.
To resolve this behavior, disable Enhanced Metafile (EMF) spooling on the server. Follow these steps:
- In the Printers folder, click the printer whose properties you want to change.
- On the File menu, click Properties.
- Click PrintProcessor.
- Click Always Spool RAW Datatype.
For additional information about EMF printing in Windows NT 4.0, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
155676 Enhanced Metafile Spooling Architecture in Windows NT 4.0
Keywords: kbprb KB255217