Microsoft KB Archive/255177
Article ID: 255177
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q255177
When you attempt to print a Word document that contains a graphics file (picture), Word may not print the document and may display the following error message:
NOTE: This problem has been reported to occur with JPEG, TIFF, and BMP graphics files. It seems to occur more often with graphics that have been scanned.
To prevent this problem, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Update Your Printer Driver
This problem has been reported to occur with an incorrect or outdated printer driver. To correct this problem, either install the correct printer driver for your printer, or update your current printer driver to the latest driver version. To obtain the latest driver for your printer, please contact your printer manufacturer.
For information about how to contact your printer manufacturer, click the appropriate article number in the following list to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Method 2: Link to File
Use the following steps to link to your graphic image instead of saving it in your Word document.
NOTE: If you use these steps, Word might not be able to find your graphic image if you share or move your Word document. However, this method results in a much smaller document file size.
- In the location in your Word document where you want the graphic image to appear, point to Picture on the Insert menu, and then click From File.
- Click the graphic image that you want.
- Click the arrow on the Insert button, and then click Link to File.
NOTE: Repeat steps 1 through 3 for each graphic image that you want to insert in your Word document.
Method 3: Paste as Picture
Use the following steps to paste your graphic image as a picture:
- Click a graphic image.
- On the Edit menu, click Cut.
- In the location where you want your graphic image, click Paste Special on the Edit menu.
- In the Paste Special dialog box, click Picture (in the As list), and then click OK.
NOTE: Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each graphics file, and then save your Word document.
Method 4: Re-scan the Image
- Using your scanning software, re-scan the problem image.
- In Microsoft Word, remove the problem image from the document.
- Re-insert the newly scanned image into the document.
For additional information about other problems that may display this error message, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
163255 WD97: Unexpected Memory Problems with Word 97 and Outlook 97
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
Additional query words: picture graphic
Keywords: kbgraphic kbprint kbtshoot kberrmsg kbprb KB255177