Microsoft KB Archive/255148
PSS ID Number: 255148
Article Last Modified on 6/4/2003
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Visio Standard 5.0x
- Microsoft Visio Professional 5.0x
- Microsoft Visio Technical 5.0x
- Microsoft Visio Enterprise 5.0x
- Microsoft Visio 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visio 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visio 2000 Technical Edition
- Microsoft Visio 2000 Enterprise Edition
- the operating system: Microsoft Windows NT
This article was previously published under Q255148
When you run Visio on Microsoft Windows NT 3.51, you cannot drag shapes in Visio or drag shapes to another program.
When you drag shapes, Visio uses Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) technology, which is part of the Windows NT operating system. If the OLE files used by the operating system are missing or damaged, you cannot drag shapes in Visio or drag shapes to another Windows-based program that supports OLE dragging.
Reinstall Windows NT 3.51.
NOTE: If you have installed Shell Technology Preview, uninstall Shell Technology Preview before you reinstall Windows NT 3.51.
Technology: kbOSWinNTSearch kbOSWinSearch kbVisio2000Search kbVisio500xSearch kbVisioSearch kbZNotKeyword3