Microsoft KB Archive/255060
Article ID: 255060
Article Last Modified on 2/28/2007
- Microsoft Outlook Express 5.5
- Microsoft Outlook Express 5.01 Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q255060
For information about the differences between Microsoft Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook e-mail clients, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
257824 OL2000: Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express
When you use Microsoft Outlook Express to connect to the Hotmail server, you may not be able to connect and you may receive the following error message:
This behavior can be due to changed properties on the Hotmail account. However, an intermittent problem usually turns out to be a connectivity or Hotmail server issue.
To resolve this behavior, delete the Hotmail account and then recreate it in Outlook Express.
More advanced troubleshooting involves performing one of the the following tasks:
- Enabling Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) logging
- Identifying the point where Outlook Express fails to retrieve mail from the Hotmail server.
Additional query words: w2kie
Keywords: kbprb KB255060