Microsoft KB Archive/254952
Article ID: 254952
Article Last Modified on 2/27/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q254952
When you attempt to join an existing domain using the Network Identification properties, both Workgroup and Domain Name commands are not available.
This issue can occur when the Client for Microsoft Networks service is not installed.
To resolve this issue, install the Client for Microsoft Networks service:
- Right-click My Network Places, and then click Properties.
- Right-click the Local Area Connection icon, and then click Properties.
- Click Install, click Client, and then click Add.
- In the Network Client box, click Client for Microsoft Networks, and then click OK.
- In the Local Area Connections Properties window, click OK.
Additional query words: grayed greyed dimmed
Keywords: kbprb KB254952