Microsoft KB Archive/254880
Article ID: 254880
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Office 2000 Premium Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q254880
When you run Setup for Microsoft Office, you may receive the following error message:
This error message may occur when all of the following conditions are true:
- You are using Microsoft Windows 2000.
- You run Office Setup by typing a command line, similar to the following, that includes the /L switch:
f:\setup /L*V c:\verbose.txt
- You cancel Setup.
- You rerun Setup by typing the same command line.
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Restart your computer.
- Rerun Office Setup by typing the same command line with the /L switch.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
If you want to control logging options without having to use /L on the command line, follow these steps:
- Double-click Setup.ini in the root directory of your Office CD.
This opens Setup.ini in Notepad.
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- Browse to the root directory of drive C, and then click Save.
- In the [Logging] section of the Setup.ini file, change the following line
to the following:
- On the File menu, click Save.
- On the File menu, click Exit.
- On the Start menu, click Run.
- In the Open box, type a command line similar to the following and then click OK:
CD-ROM drive:\Setup /Settings c:\setup.ini
CD-ROM driveis the drive letter for your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
For additional information about logging options for the Setup.ini file, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
230861 OFF2000: How to Customize Office Setup Logging Options
Additional query words: OFF2000
Keywords: kbtshoot kbstartprogram kberrmsg kbbug kbsetup KB254880