Microsoft KB Archive/254788
PSS ID Number: 254788
Article Last Modified on 11/25/2002
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Schedule+ 7.5
This article was previously published under Q254788
IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry
Every time that you open Schedule+ data, you may be prompted to type a password. When you try to change the password, the New Password dialog box is displayed first. If you try to change the password after that, the Change Password dialog box is displayed. However, every time you start Schedule+, you are still prompted for your password.
This issue can occur if you previously used Microsoft Mail (MS Mail) and you entered a password for your Schedule+ file. After your mailbox is migrated to Microsoft Exchange Server, you need to type this password every time that you start Schedule+ 7.5.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Exchange Server 5.5. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
191014 XGEN: How to Obtain the latest Exchange Server 5.5 Service Pack
To work around this issue, perform the following steps in Schedule+:
- On the File menu, point to Export, and then click Schedule+ Interchange.
- Type the file name, and then click OK to export all Schedule+ data.
- On the File menu, click Exit and Log Off to quit Schedule+.
- In Windows Explorer, press and hold CTRL+SHIFT while you double-click the Schedule+ icon. A dialog box confirms that you want to clear your Schedule+ data.
- Click Yes to continue. If you are prompted for the profile, click the appropriate profile, and then click OK. Schedule+ starts with a new local and server schedule.
- On the File menu, point to Import, and then click Schedule+ Interchange.
- Locate the Schedule+ export file that you saved in step 1. Click the file, and then click Open.
For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
170587 XCLN: Schedule+ Always Prompts for Shared Schedule Password
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.5 Service Pack 3. This problem was first corrected in Exchange Server 5.5 Service Pack 4.
Keywords: kbbug kbExchange550preSP4fix kbExchange550sp4Fix kbQFE KB254788
Technology: kbSchedule750 kbScheduleSearch kbZNotKeyword2