Microsoft KB Archive/254751
Article ID: 254751
Article Last Modified on 6/1/2001
- Visio 5.0 Enterprise
This article was previously published under Q254751
When you try to run an AutoDiscovery Wizard in Visio Enterprise, you may receive an error message that states that AutoDiscovery cannot connect to the database in which it needs to store the network-layout information it finds.
This error occurs if you installed Visio Enterprise on a network drive using the /n Setup option. During installation, the Setup program does not store the correct path to the AutoDiscovery database files; therefore, when you try to run an AutoDiscovery wizard, the wizard cannot find the database it works with.
To solve the problem, change the database directory so that the AutoDiscovery wizard that you use searches the correct location. To change the database directory:
- Save and close all open files and quit all programs except Visio Enterprise.
- In Visio Enterprise, open a new or existing drawing that is based on the AutoDiscovery and Layout template.
To open a new drawing, on the File menu, point to New, point to Network Diagram, and then click AutoDiscovery and Layout.
- On the AutoDiscovery menu, point to Configuration, and then click Change Database Directory.
- In the Change Database Directory dialog box, enter the correct path to the database files.
- After you enter the correct path, click OK.
- Visio Enterprise prompts you to restart Windows. Click Yes.
Keywords: kberrmsg kbgraphxlinkcritical kbgraphxlink kbprb KB254751