Microsoft KB Archive/254741
Article ID: 254741
Article Last Modified on 8/18/2005
- Visio 5.0 Enterprise
This article was previously published under Q254741
When you open a drawing based on the AutoDiscovery and Layout solution and then run the Property Reporting Wizard, you may receive the following error message:
When you create a new drawing based on the AutoDiscovery and Layout solution, Visio Enterprise generates a blank master on the drawing's local stencil. The Property Reporting Wizard does not know how to interpret this master; therefore, it displays an error message.
To resolve the error and run the Property Reporting Wizard successfully, you must add some information to the blank master. To do so, follow these steps:
- In the AutoDiscovery and Layout drawing, open the local stencil by clicking Show Master Shapes on the Window menu.
- In the local stencil, double-click the master titled AdalDBNameMaster.
The master opens in its drawing window.
- Use the Line tool to draw a line in the master drawing window. It does not matter what it looks like--the shape does not appear on the drawing page.
- Close the master drawing window.
- Click Yes when you are asked if you want to update AdalDBNameMaster.
- Close the local stencil.
- Save your drawing.
You must follow this procedure once for each AutoDiscovery and Layout drawing.
Note Do not delete AdalDBNameMaster from the local stencil. Visio Enterprise uses this master to store data that ties the drawing to its AutoDiscovery database.
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb KB254741