Microsoft KB Archive/254704
XADM: Cannot Move Mailbox from Exchange Server 5.5 Computer to Exchange 2000 Server Computer
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
When you try to move a mailbox from a computer running Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.5 to a computer running Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server, you may receive the following error message:
Task Summary: Move Mailbox
Finished: Date, Time
Can not use UserAlias as primary mailbox owner either because it's already being used by UserName or because it's a security principal in the Global Catalog. Only principals from trusted domains that are not part of the Global Catalog can be set as primary mailbox owners.
To work around this problem, remove the Primary Mailbox Owner rights for the user who is specified in the error message:
- Start the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in in Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
- On the View menu, click Advanced Features.
- Open the properties for the user who you want to move.
- Click the Exchange Advanced tab, and then click Mailbox Rights.
- Click the user who you want to move, and then click to clear the Primary Mailbox Owner check box.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server.
Additional query words:
Issue type : kbbug
Last Reviewed: October 21, 2000