Microsoft KB Archive/25470
Word: Exporting Document to Produce Multiline Fields in File PSS ID Number: Q25470 Article last modified on 08-17-1993 PSS database name: APpsConV
1.00 1.05 3.00 3.01 3.02 4.00
When you try to copy a text file from Microsoft Word versions 1.0x, 3.0x, or 4.00 to Microsoft File, the information in Word will not produce multiline fields in File.
To set up the information to produce multiline fields in File, do the following while in Word:
- At the beginning of the field to be broken into multiple lines in File, type a quotation mark (").
- Type the text for the first line and press RETURN (the RETURN key on the main keyboard).
- Type the text for the second line and press RETURN.
- Repeat this process for subsequent lines in the field.
- Type a quotation mark to end the field.
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1993.