Microsoft KB Archive/254658
Article ID: 254658
Article Last Modified on 11/21/2006
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0
This article was previously published under Q254658
When you use the browser-based Internet Services Manager (ISM) to create a virtual directory that uses an extended character in its name, the following problems occur:
- The Local path text box is blank.
- The Read, Log visits, and Index this resource check boxes are not selected (checked).
- A Web application based on the virtual directory does not appear to have been created (although it actually has been created).
- The Execute permissions and Application Protection drop-down lists are too small, and are not populated.
Use the IIS snap-in version of the ISM to correctly view and modify the settings.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Internet Information Services version 5.0.
Additional query words: iis 5 webadmin web admin htmla vdir symbol foreign character akz
Keywords: kbbug kbpending KB254658