Microsoft KB Archive/254623
Article ID: 254623
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2006
- Microsoft Outlook Express 5.5
- Microsoft Outlook Express 5.01 Service Pack 2
This article was previously published under Q254623
For a Microsoft Windows XP version of this article, see 318378.
For information about the differences between Microsoft Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook e-mail clients, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
257824 OL2000: Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express
This article describes how to reinstall Microsoft Outlook Express in Windows 2000. Reinstalling Outlook Express may be a helpful troubleshooting step for problems involving Outlook Express or the Msoe.dll dynamic-link library (DLL).
NOTE: The following the steps in this article require that you have the Windows 2000 installation CD-ROM available.
To reinstall Outlook Express in Windows 2000:
- Quit Outlook Express.
- Using Windows Explorer, open the %SystemRoot%\Inf folder. (By default, this is the Winnt\Inf folder.)
- On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
- On the View tab, click Show hidden files and folders. Click to clear the Hide file extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.
- Right-click the Msoe50.inf file in Windows Explorer, and then click Install.
Additional query words: oe
Keywords: kbinfo KB254623