Microsoft KB Archive/254595
Article ID: 254595
Article Last Modified on 11/25/2003
- Visio 5.0 Standard
- Visio 5.0 Professional
- Visio 5.0 Technical
- Visio 5.0 Enterprise
This article was previously published under Q254595
When you try to install the Visio Solution Pack for Novell Directory Services (NDS) to use with the Visio Test Drive, the Setup program may not recognize the Visio Test Drive as valid.
You may have this problem if you:
- Received a CD from a Visio representative at the Networld+Interop trade show during the week of May 4 through 8, 1998.
- Downloaded the solution pack from the Visio Web site before May 11, 1998.
NOTE: The Visio Solution Pack for NDS is a powerful add-on tool that allows you to design and document Novell directory trees. The Solution Pack for NDS minimizes the time network managers spend implementing and upgrading directory-enabled networks by providing a clear, hierarchical, and graphical view of those networks.
UPDATE November 1998
The NDS solution is now part of the Visio Enterprise and is no longer available for download from the Visio Web site. However, the information below still applies under the conditions specified.
For more information, visit the following Web address:
To install the Visio Solution Pack for NDS to use with the Visio Test Drive:
- Open Windows Explorer and find the Vistst32.exe file.
NOTE: By default, the Setup program installs this file in the Program Files\Visio folder.
- Rename Vistst32.exe to Visio32.exe.
- Close Windows Explorer, and then run the Setup program for the Visio Solution Pack for NDS.
- Open Windows Explorer, find the Visio Test Drive program file again (Visio32.exe), and change the name Visio32.exe back to Vistst32.exe.
Keywords: kburl KB254595