Microsoft KB Archive/254523
Article ID: 254523
Article Last Modified on 8/5/2004
- Visio 5.0 Enterprise
This article was previously published under Q254523
This article lists the changes provided by the Microsoft Visio Enterprise UML and Database Model solutions updates, released in May 1999.
NOTE: The UML update released in April 1999 does not include a change provided in this update. If you downloaded the April 1999 release and want to determine if you need the May 1999 update, please see the "UML Solution Updates" section of this article. The change provided in the May 1999 update is noted at the top of the list.
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download ENT5UML2.exe now, the UML solution update
Download ENT5DB2.exe now, the Database Model solution update
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to Obtain Microsoft Support Files from Online Services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help to prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
UML Solution Updates
The UML solution update includes the following:
- May 1999 update only: Deleting a Class shape that you protected from deletion (by clicking the Format menu and then clicking Protection) does not cause an error or corrupt the Visio file.
- Interfaces exported to the Microsoft Repository retain their operations when you import them back into Visio Enterprise or another program.
- When you import a model from the Repository into Visual Modeler, the user class and model are displayed correctly.
- You can add a new page to a UML diagram by right-clicking a shape that has no diagram type associated with it, such as the Association Class shape.
- Refinement relationships between classes are written to the Microsoft Repository.
- The New button in the Property dialog box for a Message shape is now enabled.
- A message sequence expression is now displayed independently of the Show Name command.
The UML solution update replaces the Umlbkgnd.vsl file in the Visio Enterprise\Solutions\UML folder with one dated April 28, 1999.
Database Model Solution Updates
The Database Model solution update includes the following:
- After you update or synchronize a database from a model, Oracle DDL (Data Definition Language) script updates correctly.
- A category now reflects its discriminator, rather than always appearing as "complete."
- Reverse-engineering a Microsoft SQL Server database multiple times does not create duplicate user-defined data types.
- When the Code Editor is called from the Check Clauses dialog box tab for a database entity, the Insert Code Skeleton toolbar button is disabled.
- On Windows 98, when you choose Print Preview to preview database reports, Visio Enterprise does not stop responding.
- You can reverse-engineer case-sensitive databases from supported database-management systems.
- Visio Enterprise supports extended characters in Microsoft Access table and field names.
- The ODBC driver loads the Microsoft Repository DLL file correctly.
- Foreign keys propagate correctly between parent and child categories.
- When you connect to the Microsoft Repository, your password appears as asterisks.
- Visio Enterprise can import models from ERWin version 3.52.
- SQL code that is automatically generated for view columns stays synchronized with the source table.
- Visio Enterprise correctly handles the deletion of a user-defined data type when the model still contains references to that data type.
- Visio Enterprise correctly handles ADT types when you update an Oracle 8.x database from an object-relational model.
- When you synchronize a model with an Oracle 8.x database, type information is reported correctly.
- During catalog extraction, the aggregate-owner information is reverse-engineered from an Informix Dynamic Server database.
- Primary keys that contain temporal fields are reverse-engineered correctly.
- During validation, unconnected category shape errors are handled correctly.
- Deleting a partially connected category does not cause a model to fail validation.
- You can generate DDL scripts without directly altering or generating a database.
- Visio Enterprise supports tablespace information for Oracle 8.x primary key fields.
- If you get an "add-on services" error, the file you are working on is not corrupted.
The Database Model solution update replaces the files in the following table. The files are located in the Visio Enterprise\Solutions\Database folder.
Keywords: kbinfo kbdownload kbgraphxlink kbfile KB254523