Microsoft KB Archive/254514
PSS ID Number: 254514
Article Last Modified on 11/25/2003
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Visio Standard 5.0x
- Microsoft Visio Professional 5.0x
- Microsoft Visio Technical 5.0x
- Microsoft Visio Enterprise 5.0x
This article was previously published under Q254514
When you magnify your Visio drawing (for example, to a 400% zoom level), some guides may disappear. This behavior may occur if the computer's display driver is not up to date or if the DrawOffscreen setting in the Visio.ini file is set to 1 instead of 0.
To determine the cause of this behavior, first test the display adapter. To do so, follow the procedure described in the following Knowledge Base article:
254389 Visio: How to Detect and Resolve Display or Printing Problems
If after testing the display adapter, all guides are visible, the display driver is the cause of the behavior. Restart Windows with the default display settings, and contact the display adapter manufacturer to request the latest driver.
NOTE To determine the manufacturer of your display adapter, look in the Display tool in Control Panel.
If after testing the display adapter, some guides are still not visible, the display driver is not the cause of the behavior. Restart Windows with the default display settings, and change the DrawOffscreen setting.
To change the DrawOffscreen setting:
- Start Visio.
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Advanced tab.
- Click to select the Put All Settings in Visio.ini File check box.
- Close Visio.
IMPORTANT: If you do not close Visio before proceeding to the next step, the changes you make to the Visio.ini file will be lost.
- Open the Visio.ini file in a text editor, such as Notepad.
The Visio.ini file is typically located in the Visio\System folder.
- Search for DrawOffscreen=1.
- Change the setting to DrawOffscreen=0.
- Save the file, and then quit Notepad.NOTE: The next time that you open your Visio drawing, the guides should be visible, regardless of the zoom level.
If neither of these solutions corrects the problem, please contact Visio Technical Support.
Technology: kbVisio500xSearch kbVisioSearch kbZNotKeyword3