Microsoft KB Archive/254449
Article ID: 254449
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2007
- Microsoft MapPoint 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MapPoint 2001 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008 with Connected Services
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008 with GPS Locator
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2001 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q254449
When you press the F1 key to start Microsoft Streets and Trips 2001 Help, Microsoft Streets and Trips 2008 Help, or Microsoft MapPoint 2001 Help, and then click Answer Wizard or Index, both the Answer Wizard and the Index stop responding (hang).
This problem may occur if the Aw.dll file is damaged or missing.
To resolve this problem, copy the Aw.dll file from the Streets and Trips CD or from the MapPoint CD:
- Quit Streets and Trips or MapPoint.
- Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.
- In the Named box, type aw.dll.
- In the Look in box, click Local Hard Drives, and then click Find Now.
- In the list of found files, right-click the Aw.dll file, and then click Rename.
- Type Aw.old, and then press ENTER.
- Close the Find: Files Named Aw.dll window.
- Copy the Aw.dll file in the following folder on the Streets and Trips CD or on the MapPoint CD:
In this example,
driveis the drive letter of the CD drive. Paste this file into the following folder on the hard disk:
drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office
driveis the drive letter of the hard disk.
- Start Streets and Trips Help or MapPoint Help.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Additional query words: est2001 amap auto-map mp2001
Keywords: kbbug kbpending kbui KB254449