Microsoft KB Archive/254432
Article ID: 254432
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft MapPoint 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MapPoint 2001 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q254432
When you attempt to import data from Microsoft Excel into Microsoft MapPoint 2001, you may experience any of the following symptoms:
- You may receive the following message:
- You may be unable to successfully map the imported data.
- Under Range type in the Data Mapping Wizard, only the Unique values (e.g., text) option may be available.
This behavior can occur if the data that you attempt to import from Excel contains more than one row of column headings.
To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods:
- Make sure that the data in Excel does not contain more than one row of column headings.
- In Excel, name the range of cells that you want to import. In MapPoint 2001, you can use the Data Mapping Wizard to select a Named Range of cells.
For information about how to name a range of cells in Excel, start Excel, click Microsoft Excel Help on the Help menu, type Name a cell or a range of cells, click Name cells in a workbook, and then click Name a cell or a range of cells.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft MapPoint 2001.
Additional query words: mp2001 map point importing ranges
Keywords: kbbug kbfaq kbinterop kbpending kbui KB254432