Microsoft KB Archive/254403
PSS ID Number: 254403
Article Last Modified on 11/25/2003
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Visio Standard 5.0x
- Microsoft Visio Professional 5.0x
- Microsoft Visio Technical 5.0x
- Microsoft Visio Enterprise 5.0x
This article was previously published under Q254403
When you print a Visio drawing on a Hewlett-Packard LaserJet 4 printer, you may receive the following error message:
The HP LaserJet 4 printer displays an "Error 21" message if it does not have enough memory to print the drawing.
To resolve the error message, you can reduce the amount of printer memory that the drawing requires, or you can print by using a different printer driver. To reduce the amount of memory that the drawing requires, try any of the following:
- Select the Use Raster Graphics option on the Graphics tab in the printer's Properties dialog box.
To open the printer's Properties dialog box, in Visio, click Print on the File menu, and, in the Print dialog box, click Properties.
- Print at a lower resolution, such as 300 dots per inch (dpi).
- Reduce the size of the Visio drawing by converting it to a metafile. To convert the Visio drawing:
- Open the drawing, press ESC to make sure nothing is selected, and then click Copy Drawing on the Edit menu.
- Open a new drawing, and then click Paste Special on the Edit menu. Then click Windows Metafile Data in the Paste Special dialog box.
The drawing appears as one object.
To print by using a different printer driver, contact Hewlett-Packard for the most current version of the LaserJet 4 driver, or use the LaserJet III driver that comes with your version of Windows.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprint KB254403
Technology: kbVisio500xSearch kbVisioSearch kbZNotKeyword3