Microsoft KB Archive/254399
Article ID: 254399
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Visio 2000 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Visio 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visio 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visio 2000 Technical Edition
This article was previously published under Q254399
In certain situations, when you try to use Visio 2000 Help, you receive an error message stating that Help is not installed. If you then install Help by using the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel and running the Visio Installation Manager, you still receive the error message when you try to use Help.
The Visio 2000 Help system uses HTML Help, which requires certain Microsoft Internet Explorer components. You may encounter this problem if you did both of the following:
- You chose not to install the Internet Explorer 5.0 components when you installed Visio 2000.
- Some time after installing Visio 2000, you updated your Internet Explorer program to version 4.0x.
NOTE: Running the Visio Installation Manager by using the Add/Remove Programs tool in the Control Panel does not solve this issue because it does not install the Internet Explorer components HTML Help requires.
To use the Visio 2000 Help system, install the Internet Explorer 5.0 components that HTML Help requires.
To install the Internet Explorer 5.0 components:
- Run the Setup program from the Visio 2000 CD or the network drive on which Visio 2000 is installed.
Visio Setup begins to update your system and to install the Internet Explorer 5.0 components. When the system update is finished, the Visio Installation Manager appears.
- If you already installed Help, click Cancel. If you did not install Help, click Add/Remove, and then follow the Setup instructions to install the Help files.
- Restart your computer.
For more information about the Internet Explorer requirements for HTML Help, refer to "The Visio 2000 installation process" in the Readme.wri file in the Visio 2000 folder.
Keywords: kbhowto KB254399