Microsoft KB Archive/254358
Article ID: 254358
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft MapPoint 2004 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MapPoint 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MapPoint 2001 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2005 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2004 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2003 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2001 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q254358
This article describes how to install and remove Microsoft Pocket Streets for Microsoft MapPoint and Microsoft Streets and Trips.
Use the appropriate method to install or remove Pocket Streets.
Install Pocket Streets
Note In Microsoft Streets and Trips 2003, if Microsoft ActiveSync was detected on your desktop computer during the Streets and Trips 2003 installation, you were given the option to install Pocket Streets. If you accepted the Install Pocket Streets option and your Pocket PC was not connected to your desktop computer at that time, ActiveSync will automatically continue the Pocket Streets installation the next time that connect your Pocket PC.
For Streets and Trips 2003, you must install Pocket Streets only if:
- You did not install Pocket Streets when you installed Streets and Trips.
- You installed Microsoft ActiveSync on your desktop computer after you installed Streets and Trips.
- A previous installation of Pocket Streets was interrupted.
Note Before you install Pocket Streets, make sure that your PC Companion is connected to your desktop computer and that Microsoft Windows CE Services or ActiveSync is installed on the desktop computer.
- Insert the MapPoint or Streets and Trips Setup CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive. Press and hold down the SHIFT key as you insert the CD-ROM to prevent Setup from starting automatically.
- Double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop.
- Right-click the CD-ROM drive icon, and then click Explore.
- Double-click the Pstreets folder.
- Double-click the Setup.exe file.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install Pocket Streets.
Remove Pocket Streets
Note Before you remove Pocket Streets, you may want to remove map or Pushpin files that you do not want from your Pocket PC.
- Connect your Pocket PC to your desktop computer.
- On your desktop computer, double-click the ActiveSync icon.
- On the Tools menu, click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click Microsoft Pocket Streets, and then click Remove.
Pocket Streets is removed from your Pocket PC and your desktop PC.
Additional query words: uninstall PPC smartphone PocketStreets setup
Keywords: kbhardware kbhowto kbinterop kbsetup KB254358