Microsoft KB Archive/254297
Article ID: 254297
Article Last Modified on 10/29/2004
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q254297
If you use Outlook 2000, you may experience the following:
- When you click Services on the Tools menu, an access violation may occur in 3f0c1dee.
- In Control Panel, when you click Mail, you may receive the following error message:
- Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications may not start.
These issues can occur if you have installed an application that uses Windows Installer with an Msi.dll file of either of the following version numbers:
To fix this problem you need to replace the Msi.dll file with an Msi.dll file that is version 1.00.5104.0 or later:
- At a command prompt, rename the Msi.dll file that is located in the Winnt\System32 folder to Msi.old.
- Copy the Msi.dll file with the correct version number, 1.00.5104.0, to the Winnt\System32 folder.
- Restart the computer.
You can find the correct version of the Msi.dll file on any Microsoft Office 2000 or Outlook 2000 CD-ROM in the Msi folder.
Additional query words: OL2K
Keywords: kbprb KB254297