Microsoft KB Archive/254249
Article ID: 254249
Article Last Modified on 2/28/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q254249
When you run a NetShell (NetSh) dump, some Routing and Remote Access configuration options are not added. The following options are currently not part of the dump:
Port Properties configuration
Server Properties, Router Type
To resolve this issue and completely restore an Routing and Remote Access server configuration using a dump, follow these steps:
- If you are using demand dial interfaces, save the original Routing and Remote Access router phonebook, which is found at %Windir%\System32\Ras\Router.pbk.
- If it is currently enabled, disable Routing And Remote Access from the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in on the new Routing and Remote Access server.
- Run the Configure and Enable Routing and Remote Access Wizard from the snap-in. Either select the Manually Configured Server option from the Common Configurations page in the wizard to obtain a base configuration, or perform an unattended setup and configure Routing and Remote Access in the unattended script.
- Run the NetSh script (dump) to restore those configuration options stored in the dump file.
Note If you are using demand dial interfaces, copy the previously saved router phonebook to the same location on the newly configured server before you run the dump.
Additional query words: win2krelnotes
Keywords: kbprb KB254249