Microsoft KB Archive/254097
Article ID: 254097
Article Last Modified on 2/21/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q254097
After you customize the Toolbox by using the Microsoft Visual Basic Editor in Outlook Forms Designer, you cannot reset the Toolbox to the default configuration.
After you customize the Toolbox, there is no built-in method to reset the Toolbox.
If you customized the Toolbox by adding pages or ActiveX controls or by deleting the standard controls, and you want to reset the Toolbox to its original configuration, perform the following steps:
- Quit Outlook.
- Click the Start button, point to Find, and then click Files Or Folders.
- Click the Name and Location tab, and then in the Named box, type Outlook.box.
- In the Look in list, select the drive in which you installed Outlook.
- Click Find Now.
- In the search results window at the bottom of the Find dialog box, click Outlook.box, and then rename the file (for example, to Outlook.bbb).
When you restart Outlook and start Forms Designer, the Toolbox contains only the Controls page, and all of the default controls are displayed on the page.
By default, the Controls page of the Toolbox in Forms Designer contains the following controls (selected objects):
You can also export a page from the Toolbox as a .pag file. If you export a page from the Toolbox, you can import it back to the Toolbox after you reset the Toolbox to the default configuration.
Exporting Toolbox Pages
To export a page from your Toolbox, perform the following steps:
- Right-click the tab for the page that you want to export.
- On the shortcut menu, click Export Page.
- In the Export Page dialog box, select a destination folder, and then in the File name box, type a file name.
- Click Save.
This method saves the file with a .pag extension in the specified folder.
Importing Saved Toolbox Pages
To import a page to the Toolbox, perform the following steps:
- Right-click any tab in the Toolbox, and then click Import Page on the shortcut menu.
- In the Import Page dialog box, locate and select the .pag file that you want to import.
- Click Open.
The page is added to your Toolbox.
Additional query words: 0L2000 OL98 OL97
Keywords: kbprb KB254097