Microsoft KB Archive/254009
Article ID: 254009
Article Last Modified on 8/9/2004
- Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Foundation Class Library 4.2
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q254009
The PowerPoint 2000 Event Demonstration is a sample MFC Automation client for Microsoft PowerPoint 2000. With Microsoft Office 2000, PowerPoint now enables Automation clients to sink events; this feature was not available with earlier versions.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to Obtain Microsoft Support Files from Online Services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help to prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
This sample MFC Automation client demonstrates the following:
- Automation of Microsoft PowerPoint to display a slide show at run time.
- Use of connection points to sink events such as the animation build, opening a presentation, and moving from slide to slide.
- Manipulation of CommandBar controls in PowerPoint while the slide show runs.
Files Included with the Sample
The download includes a Readme, as well as the following files.
Visual C++ Project Files for the Demo:
The Executable for the Demo:
The PowerPoint Presentation Used by the Demo:
(c) Microsoft Corporation 2000, All Rights Reserved. Contributions by Chris Jensen, Microsoft Corporation.
Additional query words: PP9event automation automate power point event handler handling createdispatch coledispatchdriver
Keywords: kbinfo kbnoupdate kbfile kbautomation kbconnpts KB254009