Microsoft KB Archive/254006
Article ID: 254006
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q254006
The Access Data Retrieval Sample Add-in is a sample COM add-in designed for use with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to Obtain Microsoft Support Files from Online Services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help to prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
The purpose of this sample is to illustrate how to create a COM add-in that provides the following features:
- Can be used with more than one Microsoft Office application.
- Adds and removes custom CommandBar controls at run time.
- Implements What's This Help for Office CommandBars.
- Determines the application hosting the add-in so that it can take actions that are specific to the host application.
- Displays modal dialog boxes that are owned by the host application.
- Provides public methods that can be called from a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro in one of the host applications.
Files Included with the Sample
The download contains a Readme as well as the following files.
Visual Basic Project files for the add-in:
Visual Basic Project files for the application that registers the add-in:
Help file and Help file project used for What's This Help
(c) Microsoft Corporation 2000, All Rights Reserved. Contributions by Lori Turner, Microsoft Corporation.
Additional query words: COMAddin Com Add-in Addin VB AccData
Keywords: kbautomation kbfile kbinfo KB254006