Microsoft KB Archive/253958
Article ID: 253958
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2003
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft BackOffice Server 4.5
This article was previously published under Q253958
After you install BackOffice Server 4.5 on Windows 2000 Server, clients that are running Microsoft Windows NT Workstation or Server and Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 may have difficulty uploading their photographs to the intranet site. When a client gains access to the http://
servername/inetkit site, the required ActiveX controls are not downloaded, and you are not prompted to download them. The Upload Photo link, which normally appears as a folder, is not present.
The appropriate entry for Internet Explorer 4.0 clients is not present in the Browscap.ini file on the Windows 2000-based server. Without this entry, you are not prompted to download the required ActiveX controls.
To resolve this problem:
- On the server, use Notepad to open the
- Add the following entry to this file:
[Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows NT)]
- Save and then close the file.
- After you make this change, return to the client computer, quit Internet Explorer, and then attempt to gain access to the page again. The ActiveX controls should be downloaded, or a prompt appears to download the ActiveX controls.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem when you are running BackOffice Server 4.5 on Windows 2000 Server.
For additional information about BackOffice Server 4.5 on Windows 2000, see the following Microsoft Web site:
Keywords: kbenv kbprb KB253958