Microsoft KB Archive/253885
Article ID: 253885
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Outlook 8.2 Exchange Server Edition for Macintosh
This article was previously published under Q253885
Microsoft has released Outlook for Macintosh Exchange Server Edition 8.2.1. This article describes the new features that are included in this version, the system requirements for it, and how to obtain it.
The following issues are resolved in Outlook for Macintosh Exchange Server Edition 8.2.1:
- Messages with a blank subject line could not be dragged from Outlook to the desktop. Instead, the following error message was displayed:
- On a computer without security enabled, messages occasionally were not sent the first time, and the Send button remained depressed.
- If you copied or cut text from an e-mail message that contained a Uniform Resource Locator (URL) and then closed the e-mail message, a message was displayed that asked you if you would like to keep the large amount of text on the clipboard.
- If you pressed the CTRL key when you double-clicked a hyperlink in an e-mail mail message multiple times, Outlook would stop responding.
- Sometimes Outlook launched the Web browser to display the target of a hyperlink in an e-mail message, even if that hyperlink was not clicked.
- Japanese characters in e-mail messages that were received over the Internet were sometimes displayed incorrectly in the Japanese version of Outlook.
- If e-mail messages had multiple attachments and were forwarded from an Outlook Web Access (OWA) client to Outlook for Macintosh Exchange Server Edition 8.2, only the first attachment was displayed.
- Web forms were not rendered in Outlook Web Access, even if the Web Services information was correctly entered.
- Outlook was unable to use Web Services with a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) secure (https://) Web server.
- On a 68 kilobyte (KB) Macintosh, if you dragged attachments from an e-mail message to an Exchange Server folder, you sometimes caused a Type 2 error.
- Apple Macintosh with a 68030 or faster processor
- System 7.5.5 or later
- At least 16 megabytes (MB) of random access memory (RAM)
- Apple Power Macintosh with Mac OS 8.0 or later
- At least 16 MB of RAM
In addition, Outlook for Macintosh Exchange Server Edition 8.2.1 runs faster if virtual memory is enabled and set to a minimum of 1 MB above the installed physical memory.
How to Obtain Outlook for Macintosh Exchange Server Edition 8.2.1
Outlook for Macintosh Exchange Server Edition 8.2.1 is included with Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.5 Service Pack 3, or you can obtain it from the following Microsoft FTP site:
For more information about Outlook for Macintosh Exchange Server Edition 8.2.1, including information about new features, read the release notes in the Outlook for Macintosh Exchange Server Edition 8.2.1 installation folder.
Additional query words: mac client
Keywords: kbinfo KB253885