Microsoft KB Archive/253843
Article ID: 253843
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q253843
This article describes how to turn Microsoft Word on or off as the default e-mail editor in Outlook 97.
To use Word as your e-mail editor, you must have at least 16 megabytes (MB) of available memory.
To check your available memory:
- On the Help menu, click About Microsoft Outlook.
- Click System Info.
- In the System Information window, click the System Summary folder.
You see Total Physical Memory Available in the right pane.
To enable or disable Word as your default e-mail editor:
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the E-mail tab.
- Click to select or clear the Use Microsoft Word as the e-mail editor check box.
If you are running the Office 97 SR-1 or SR-2 updates, you have an additional option on your Tools menu that allows you to quickly switch between editor modes.
To switch editor modes in these versions of Outlook, click the Tools menu, and then click Use Word As the E-mail Editor. A check mark is present when this feature is active and not present when it is not active.
Additional query words: OL97
Keywords: kbhowto kbinfo KB253843