Microsoft KB Archive/253795
Article ID: 253795
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Outlook Express 5.5
- Microsoft Outlook Express 5.01 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0
This article was previously published under Q253795
For information about the differences between Microsoft Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook e-mail clients, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
257824 OL2000: Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express
When you try to send a message in Outlook Express, you may receive the following error message:
This behavior can occur if the Sent Items.dbx file is damaged.
To resolve this issue, rename the Sent Items.dbx file from the Outlook Express e-mail files:
- Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.
- In the Named box, type Sent Items.dbx.
- In the Look In box, click your primary hard disk (usually drive C), and then click Find Now.
- Right-click the Sent Items.dbx file, and then click Rename.
- Type Sent Items.old, and then click OK.
- Restart Outlook Express. This action automatically creates a new Sent Items.dbx file.
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb KB253795