Microsoft KB Archive/253789
Article ID: 253789
Article Last Modified on 3/1/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q253789
While you watch a Moving Picture Expert Group (MPEG) movie on a Windows 2000-based computer, the Screen Saver may activate and you may no longer be able to see or hear the movie.
Windows 2000 does not prevent the Screen Saver from activating while you watch an MPEG movie.
The following are ways to easily workaround this problem:
- Disable the Screen Saver before you start an MPEG movie.
- Set the Screen Saver's activation time to a time that is longer than the length of the movie.
Keywords: kbprb KB253789