Microsoft KB Archive/253749
Article ID: 253749
Article Last Modified on 10/16/2002
- Microsoft Site Server 3.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q253749
When attempting to create a new content type, an error message similar to the following appears:
The Indexing Service is not running.
NOTE: By default, the Indexing Service is set to the Manual startup type in Windows 2000.
Using the Services Microsoft Management Console (MMC), start the Indexing Service and also set its startup type to Automatic.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Site Server version 3.0. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
219292 How to Obtain the Latest Site Server 3.0 Service Pack
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Site Server version 3.0. This problem was first corrected in Site Server 3.0 Service Pack 4.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Open http://localhost/siteserver/admin/publishing/.
- Click Content Management, and then click Properties.
- On the Select Membership Server page, type a user name and password, and then click Submit.
- Click Properties, then click Content Type, and then click Create.
- For the Content Type Name, type Dpstest.
- Press the ALT key and click Submit.
Additional query words: ss ss3 sp3 undefined akz
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbqfe kbsiteserv300sp4fix KB253749