Microsoft KB Archive/253717
Article ID: 253717
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q253717
When you create a Performance Monitor Log on a remote computer, and then try to view the data on a different computer, the objects are not visible.
This issue can occur if you do not type two backslashes (\) in front of the computer name you want to monitor.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Start Performance Monitor, and then click Log View.
- On the Options menu, click Log, and then click the the Log file that you are having the problem with. Click the same interval that you used previously, and then click Save.
- On the Edit menu, click Add to log or click Add Counter on the toolbar.
- Type the name of the computer that you were monitoring in the original log. Make sure you precede the name with two backslashes (\).
- Click an object to add to the log, and then click Done.
- On the Options menu, click Log, and then click Start Log. Once this is done you should see the status of the log as Collecting. Allow the log to collect for a couple of intervals.
- On the Options menu, click Log, click Stop Log, and then click Save.
Additional query words: disappear counters perfmon blank
Keywords: kbenv kbprb KB253717