Microsoft KB Archive/253709
Article ID: 253709
Article Last Modified on 9/24/2003
- Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000.2 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q253709
When you call Microsoft Product Support Services and enter your Product Identification Number (PID) in response to the voice prompt, you may hear the following message:
You may receive a similar error message when you attempt use the PID to obtain online support by using Microsoft Online Assisted Support.
This behavior can occur because the last segment of the PID for Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000, version 2.0, may contain four digits instead of five.
To obtain a valid PID:
- Call Microsoft Product Support Services at (425) 635-7056.
- When you are prompted to enter your PID, press zero.
- Explain the situation by referring to Knowledge Base article number Q253709 and ask the Customer Service Representative to generate a new PID for you to use.
- Write down the new PID and use it for all future support incidents.
NOTE: This issue does not affect online registration for PhotoDraw 2000, version 2.0.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000, version 2.0.
This problem was corrected in PhotoDraw 2000 Service Release 1 (SR-1).
Note PhotoDraw 2000 SR-1 is only available in the Microsoft Office 2000 Premium SR-1 CD-ROM set. The Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 patch does not upgrade PhotoDraw 2000, version 2.0.
Additional query words: 2.00 photo draw register numbers
Keywords: kberrmsg kbpolicy kbprb KB253709