Microsoft KB Archive/253691
Article ID: 253691
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
This article was previously published under Q253691
This article describes how to change the column settings in Windows Explorer.
To change which columns are displayed, or change the width or order of the windows and folders in Windows Explorer:
- In Windows Explorer, click the folder, and then click Choose Columns on the View menu.
NOTE: Details view has to be selected in order to have the Choose Columns command.
- Click to select each item you would like to add to the current view, or click to remove the check from items you do not want.
- To reorder your columns, click the item, and then click Move Up or Move Down until the items are in the order you want them.
- Click OK.
To change the width of the columns, use the appropriate method:
- On the View menu, click Choose Columns, and then click the name of the column you want to adjust.
- In the The selected column should be
xpixels wide box, enter a number of pixels, where
xis a number of pixels.
- Widen columns manually by positioning the pointer between two border buttons of the column headings, the pointer turns into a double arrowhead.
- Click and hold the left mouse button, and then drag the window to the desired width.
Available Column Settings
- Camera model
- Picture taken on
- Audio format
- Sample rate
- Audio sample size
- Play length
- Frame count
- Frame rate
- Video sample size
- Video compression
NOTE: Name, Size, Type and Modified settings are enabled by default.
Not all file formats will support these additional column settings. For example a Microsoft Word document can contain Author information, but a Notepad document cannot.
Keywords: kbfaq kbhowto kbprod2web kbui KB253691