Microsoft KB Archive/253546
Article ID: 253546
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q253546
When you upgrade Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 to Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5, the rules your users created to allow automatic reply and forwarding of Internet mail to other Internet addresses may not work.
This behavior can occur when the Disable Automatic Replies to the Internet option in the Internet Mail Service is selected as the default value during the upgrade.
To resolve this issue, clear the check box for this default setting in Internet Mail Service on Exchange Server 5.5. Follow these steps:
- On the site level, expand Configuration, and then click the Connections container.
- Open the Internet Mail Service properties page, and then click the Internet Mail tab.
- Click Advanced Options, and then clear the Disable Automatic Replies to the Internet check box.
For additional information this feature of the Internet Mail Service, click the article numbers below to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
176161 XFOR: Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Allows Administrators to Disallow Auto Forwarding of Messages to the Internet Addresses
189340 XADM: Message Auto-Forwarded Though "Automatic Replies to the Internet" Disabled
Keywords: kbprb KB253546