Microsoft KB Archive/253462
Article ID: 253462
Article Last Modified on 2/27/2007
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q253462
When you use Microsoft Outlook Web Access (OWA) to compose a new message, you are unable to resolve the recipient address even though a Microsoft Windows account for the recipient exists in Active Directory.
This issue may occur if the recipient account did not have a mailbox when the Windows account was created.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Programs, click Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Right-click the recipient name and click Exchange task.
- Click Next in the Welcome to the Exchange Task Wizard.
- In the Available Task window, click Create Mailbox, and then click Next.
- In the Create Mailbox window, confirm or change the user information.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
A user mailbox is created for the recipient.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server.
Keywords: kbbug kberrmsg kbpending KB253462