Microsoft KB Archive/253442
Article ID: 253442
Article Last Modified on 2/27/2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q253442
You need to perform certain steps if you want to use Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.5 Service Pack 3 Key Management server (KM server) with a Microsoft Windows 2000 certificate server.
To use Exchange Server 5.5 Service Pack 3 KM server with a Windows 2000 certificate server:
- Copy the Expolicy.dll file from the Server\Support\Kms\Expolicy\I386 folder on the Exchange Server 5.5 Service Pack 3 CD to the Winnt\System32 folder on the certificate server.
- From a command prompt on the certificate server, run the following command:
- From the Certification Authority Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in, you need to configure the Certificate Authority to use the Legacy policy module instead of the default Enterprise and Stand-Alone policy module. To do this:
- In MMC, right-click the server name.
- Open the server properties.
- Click the Policy Module tab, and then click Select.
- Click Legacy Policy Module, and then click OK. The properties for the server are displayed.
- Click OK.
The following message is displayed:
You must restart Certificate Services for the changes to take effect. Do you want to restart the service now?
For additional information about how to set up X.509V3 support for Exchange Server 5.5, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
192044 XADM: Setting Up X509v3 Certificates on Exchange 5.5 SP1 KMS with Local Certificate Server
Additional query words: kms
Keywords: kbfaq kbhowto KB253442