Microsoft KB Archive/253405
Article ID: 253405
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Works 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 6.0
- Microsoft Works Suite 2000
- Microsoft Works Suite 2001
This article was previously published under Q253405
This article describes how to import data from a Microsoft Excel 2000 workbook into Microsoft Works if the Excel 2000 workbook contains more than one worksheet.
Because you can only import one worksheet from an Excel 2000 workbook into a Works Spreadsheet file, you need to create a new Works Spreadsheet file for each worksheet in the Excel 2000 workbook.
To import data from an Excel 2000 workbook that contains more than one worksheet into Works:
- On the Works Task Launcher, click the Programs tab.
- Click Works Spreadsheet, and then click Start a blank Spreadsheet.
- On the File menu, click Open.
- In the Files of type box, click Excel SS (*.xl*).
- Browse to the Excel 2000 workbook that you want to import into Works, click the workbook, and then click Open.
- In the Import Excel Spreadsheet dialog box, click the worksheet that you want to import into Works, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Save.
- In the File name box, type a name for the worksheet, and then click Save.
The worksheet is saved as a Works Spreadsheet file.
Repeat these steps to import each worksheet from the Excel 2000 workbook into Works as a Works Spreadsheet file.
Additional query words: w_works works2k w2001 wksss multiple tabs many
Keywords: kbhowto kbinterop kbui KB253405