Microsoft KB Archive/253381
Article ID: 253381
Article Last Modified on 8/9/2004
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q253381
Classify for Microsoft Outlook is an add-in that helps add security classification labels to e-mail messages. Classify helps ensure that sensitive information is marked for proper security handling and complies with established e-mail security policies. Classify enables you to easily add a classification label in the first line of the message body by selecting from a list of predefined classifications. It prevents Outlook from sending the message until a classification has been inserted.
Classify for Outlook 2000 is available from Tools on the Web.
For more information about Classify for Outlook, visit the Mark Wilson Software Web site.
To Install Classify for Outlook
- Quit Outlook if it is running.
- Download the file from Tools on the Web.
- Double-click the Classify.exe file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
After installation, Classify automatically presents you with a list of message classifications to choose from when you compose a new e-mail message. Until a classification has been inserted into the message, it may not be possible to send the message.
To Change the Inserted Classification
- On the Insert menu, click Security Classification.
- Select the Security Classification that you would want to use.
To Access Optional Settings
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click the Classification tab.
- Choose the options that best suit your needs.
- Click the Mail Format tab, and verify that either Plain Text, or Microsoft Outlook Rich Text is selected in the Send in this message format list.
The classification list can be edited to match the requirements of your specific site. Edit the contents of the file classify.txt in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Addins\Classify folder. For more information, see the file read-me.html in the same folder.
- Quit Outlook.
- On the Start menu, point to Settings, and then choose Control Panel. Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click the Install/Uninstall tab. In the Programs to install/unistall box, click Classify for Outlook then click Add/Remove.
- Confirm that you are certain you want to uninstall this software by clicking Yes.
- When the removal process is complete, click OK in the Confirmation dialog box.
An external party provides this download. For further questions or technical support regarding this download, please visit the Mark Wilson Software Web site.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Additional query words: ol2K classify exe read-me html
Keywords: kbinfo kbdownload KB253381