Microsoft KB Archive/253374
Article ID: 253374
Article Last Modified on 5/25/2001
- MSDN 2000
This article was previously published under Q253374
When trying to access the Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Resource Kit documentation in the January 2000 MSDN Library, an error similar to the following will occur:
The Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Resource Kit documentation is not included in the January 2000 MSDN Library. The Nt40res.chm file included with the January 2000 MSDN Library was incorrect.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Start the MSDN Library January 2000.
- On the Contents tab, navigate to the following node:
Windows Resource Kits; Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Resource Kit
- Attempt to open any topic in that node. Note the error message that appears.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in MSDN Library version January 2000 for Windows 98, Windows NT, and Windows 2000.
If you have the October 1999 MSDN Library available, the stand-alone documentation for the NT Workstation 4.0 Resource Kit can be obtained from it:
- Insert the MSDN Library October 1999 Disc 1.
- Navigate to the MSDN directory and copy Nt40res.chi from the CD-ROM onto your hard drive.
- Insert Disc 2.
- Navigate to the MSDN directory and copy Nt40res.chm from the CD into the same folder as the CHI file.
- Double-click the CHM file to view the Resource Kit documentation.
(Note that you still cannot view the Resource Kit within the MSDN Library itself.)
Keywords: kbbug kbdocfix kbpending KB253374