Microsoft KB Archive/253242
Article ID: 253242
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
- Microsoft Windows 95
This article was previously published under Q253242
Each time you play the Minesweeper game included with Windows 98 and Windows 95, the position of the game surface may change position. This movement is usually upwards, and eventually the game may move off the screen so that the menus cannot be seen or used.
This problem can occur after you change the skill settings and then restart the game. When the skill settings are changed, a value is written to the Winmine.ini file, and the vertical position marker is improperly changed.
To work around this problem, use either of the following methods:
Delete the Winmine.ini file in the Windows folder:
- Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.
- In the Named box, type winmine.ini, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click the Winmine.ini file in the Windows folder, click Delete, and then click Yes.
Edit the Winmine.ini file in the Windows folder:
- Use a text editor (such as Notepad) to open the Winmine.ini file in the Windows folder.
- Increase the YPOS= value to a higher number, save the file, and then quit the text editor program.
Additional query words: creep slide top
Keywords: kbprb kbui KB253242