Microsoft KB Archive/253210
Article ID: 253210
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q253210
When you try to import a set of personal folders (.pst) file into Microsoft Outlook, you may receive the following error message:
This error message is followed by the following error message:
This issue occurs because the .pst file that you are trying to import has been marked as read-only.
To resolve this issue, remove the read-only attribute from the personal folders file.
For more information about personal folders and read-only volumes, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
178756 Read-Write access required to open .PST and PAB files
Keywords: kbimport kbprb KB253210