Microsoft KB Archive/252956
Article ID: 252956
Article Last Modified on 9/24/2003
- Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000.2 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q252956
When you upgrade to Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000 version 2.0, some of the templates included in PhotoDraw 2000 version 1.0 are missing.
This behavior is by design.
To work around this issue, import the missing PhotoDraw 2000 version 1.0 templates that you want to use into PhotoDraw 2000 version 2.0:
- Start PhotoDraw 2000, version 2.0.
- Insert the PhotoDraw 2000 version 1.0 Disc 2 CD-ROM (the Office 2000 Premium Disc 4 CD-ROM) into your CD-ROM drive.
- On the File menu, click Visual Open.
- In the Look in box, click the drive letter of the CD-ROM drive that contains the PhotoDraw 2000 version 1.0 CD-ROM.
- Open the Photodrw\Content\Template folder on the PhotoDraw 2000 version 1.0 CD-ROM.
The folders that are located inside the Template folder all have descriptive names. Browse through these folders to find the templates that you want to use.
- Right-click one of the templates that you want to use, and then click Open to open the template in PhotoDraw 2000 version 2.0.
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- In the File name box, type a new name for the template.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 6 through 9 for each template that you want to use in PhotoDraw 2000 version 2.0.
By default, the imported templates are saved in the My Pictures folder on the hard disk on which PhotoDraw 2000 version 2.0 is installed.
PhotoDraw 2000 version 2.0 Setup removes all of the existing PhotoDraw templates and replaces them with new templates because the file formats of the templates are slightly different.
As a result, the sets of templates that are included in PhotoDraw 2000 versions 1.0 and 2.0 are not exactly the same.
Additional query words: 2.00 photo draw design project MIX convert
Keywords: kbconversion kbprb KB252956