Microsoft KB Archive/252896
Article ID: 252896
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Metadirectory Services 2.1
- Microsoft Metadirectory Services 2.2 Service Pack 1
This article was previously published under Q252896
The Microsoft Metadirectory server log in Zoomserv\Data\Logs\Genlogs may report the following error message:
In addition to the preceding error message, you may experience the following behavior:
- Microsoft Metadirectory Service (Zoomit Server service) continues to run.
- You are able to log on to the Compass client.
- Management Agents do not work correctly.
- Objects may be missing in the metadirectory.
This behavior can occur because the Digital Signature Algorithm (DSA) record has been either damaged or deleted.
To resolve this behavior, you must rebuild the DSA record and reset the value of the DSA's standard attribute to its default values (as defined in \Zoomserv\Bin\Init\At.st). To rebuild the DSA record, follow these steps:
- Start a command prompt.
- Change folders to the \Zoomserv\Bin\Init folder on the drive where Microsoft Metadirectory Services is installed
- Run the following command:..\bin\importt -updatedib -updateallattributes
The preceding command can successfully run with the service either running or stopped. However, if possible, the server should be stopped. None of the metaverse data can be affected.
NOTE: If the preceding resolution does not correct the problem, contact Microsoft Product Support Services.
For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
258020 Object Not Found Error Message Accessing 'The Known Universe' in MMS
Additional query words: metadirectory mms objects attributes
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb KB252896