Microsoft KB Archive/252812
Article ID: 252812
Article Last Modified on 3/1/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q252812
When you insert the Windows 2000 CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive of a computer that is running Windows 2000 Beta release and click Setup, you receive the following error message almost immediately:
If you click either Yes or No, you receive the following message:
You then receive this error message:
This behavior does not occur when you install a not-for-resale (NFR) version of Windows 2000.
This behavior can occur if the Novell client for Windows 2000 is installed.
To resolve this issue:
- Remove the Novell client software from the Beta Windows 2000 installation.
- Run Winnt32.exe from the Windows 2000 Retail version CD-ROM again.
- After the installation is complete, download the current client for Windows 2000 from Novell and install it.
Install the Microsoft Client for NetWare component that is included with Windows 2000. Install Client Services for NetWare (CSNW) for Windows 2000 Professional or Gateway Services for NetWare (GSNW) for Windows 2000 Server.
Keywords: kbfaq kbhowto kbprb KB252812